Why is it that when I try a new recipe, it never looks like the photo? Well, this was my first time making a pork tenderloin, so I'll cut myself a break.
|Image from getcrocked.com|
This was a yummy dinner, even if it wasn't very pretty. However, the recipe calls for 6-8 hours to cook. Next time, I'll make it on a day that I'm not gone for more than 8 hours so I don't over cook it. It ended up a little dry, but not to the point of not being able to eat it.
Want to try it?
|My Ugly Tropical Pork|
Crock Pot Tropical Pork Tenderloin
366 calories per serving
- 2 - 1 lb. pork tenderloins
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 c. frozen sliced mango
- 1 c. pinapple chunks
- 3 T. jalapeno jelly
Pork Tenderloin is a protein-packed cut of meat and it’s mild flavor is well accented by the pineapple, and the sweetness of the mango in this recipe.
1. Season the pork tenderloin with salt, black pepper and cumin.
2. Place the pineapple and mango slices in the bottom of the crock pot and mix with the jelly.
3. Arrange the tenderloins on top.
4. Cover. Cook on Low 6-8 hours.
5. Remove the pork tenderloins from the stoneware and use a potato masher to mush together the fruit mixture to form a sauce.
6. Slice the tenderloin and pour the sauce over the slices.