Skip to main content

Towel Seat Cover

For those of you who know me personally, you know that I spend a lot of my free time either running, at the gym, or - more recently - kickboxing. Yes, I know I'm crazy and it's a little bit above insane, but it's my stress relief and I love it. What I don't love is getting into my brand new car wearing my gross, sweaty clothes. I came up with a quick, easy, and practically free solution for that.

Towel Seat Cover

Materials Needed:
  • Towel
  • Ribbon (1 yard)
  • Sewing Machine - or just needle and thread
Note: Satin ribbon is slick and will probably slide out. Stick to Grosgrain ribbon, which has little ridges. I have box of ribbon that I keep for impromptu projects like this. The ribbon used here I bought on clearance for 50 cents and the towel is um...borrowed from someplace I won't mention the name of.


Instructions:

1. Find the center of your towel by folding it in half lengthwise (A). Line that center up with the center of your headrest and then mark just to the outside (B)where the ribbon will tie around the back. No need to be exact - this is a very forgiving measurement. 
2. Unfold the towel, cut your ribbon into equal parts, and pin to those outside marks (B).
3. Make sure your ribbon is perpendicular to the edge of the towel. I placed mine just below the outside seam so I would have enough room to put in a secure stitch.

4. Sew to towel.
How you sew on is unimportant. I made a little box and then double backed over the ribbon with an X. You can do this with a thread and needle if you don't have a sewing machine. Just give the ribbon a good tug to make sure it is secure.
5. Place on your seat and tie in a bow around the back.

See how cute that is? Not too bad for a 5 minute project. I need to make another one for K1 because she is usually with me for kickboxing. Plus, I can remove it easily and throw it in the wash for the next time. You can even roll up the towel and tie it with the ribbon to store in the truck until ready to use.

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Baby Sweater and Hat

After searching and attempting to create the perfect - and quick/easy - baby sweater to give as a gift, I finally just combined a few to make the one I wanted. This particular one is more what I would envision for a girl (regardless of color) because of the lacy pattern created with the shells. My next step to find/create one for a boy. This one is simple enough to work up quickly. I only have a few hours of crochet time at night and I completed the set within 3 days. I imagine if you had half a day you could easily finish it in one setting, depending on your skill level. Sweater Materials: 3-4 ounces 3 ply baby yarn  Hook - size F for newborn  size G for 3 to 6 months size H (and 4 ply soft yarn) for 6 to 9 months 2-3 button for closure Pattern: (Shell = 2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) Starting at neckline, loosely ch 38. Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook & in each ch to end. (37 stitches) Row 2: ch 2, turn (counts as 1st dc throughout) 1 dc in each of t

Crocheted Adventure Time Fiona Hat

Well, my cosplaying kid asked for another crocheted creation, but I don't watch Adventure Time.  I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into, but this was easy enough and I get to share a free pattern with you.  It straps around the chin with a crocheted button and I had the yarn stashed away.  I love projects that use up leftover yarn, don't you?  I started out with  Lilana Wofsey Dohnert's   Finn hat pattern on Ravelry. She's brilliant.  Then I made adjustments to make it Fiona and fit a bit more snugly.   Materials : Crochet Hook (Size US G-6 (4.0mm)) Yarn Worsted Weight Size 4 Medium ('Soft' recommended) Yarn Sewing Needle Fiberfil Batting Abbreviations : st: stitch ch: chain sl st: slip stitch sc: single crochet hdc: half-double crochet dc: double crochet tr: triple crochet inc: increase (crochet 2 st in single st; preceeded by type of st to use, i.e. 'sc inc') dec: decrease (make 2 st become 1; preceeded by type of st to use, i.e. 'sc de

Organize It - Shoe Rack Grips

Do we really need all these shoes?  You can only wear one pair at a time.  I guess it's a necessary evil.  Shoes aren't my thing.  I have more flip-flops and athletic shoes than anything else.  I'm happy with that.  My favorite shoes are actually my slippers.  I could wear them all day and would wear them out if I thought I could get away with it. My hubby, on the other hand, can't have enough shoes.  Our youngest K takes after him.  We have a fairly large rack for our shoes in the closet to accommodate all those shoes.  It's nothing fancy and fulfills my two requirements.  It's functional and doesn't take up a lot of space.  But there is one huge flaw.  Our shoes don't stay put! It ok for shoes that have heels on them because they hang on the back bar. Shoes like this: But if they are flat, like tennis shoes or flip flops (like most my shoes) then they slip right off and I trip over them trying to get to my clothes.   What's a girl to do?  I