Skip to main content

T.V. Puppy

This little guy is a lot of work! Not difficult, but lots of little body parts. Good thing it works up quickly. K1 just loves him and is ready for me to make another one in worsted weight yarn for a bigger size. I like the little one with the soft baby yarn. So soft and cuddly! Ready to make your own? I hope you do and share pictures with me. My crocheted Fiona hat has been such a huge hit, I wanted to do another Adventure Time project for all you fans. You may use my pattern, but please do not sell it as your own or I won't continue offering the patterns for free and if you use any of my patterns, I would appreciate the acknowledgement. I've also included a Scribd link at the end for easy printing or saving, but this is new to me so let me know if it works for you. Thanks!


Adventure Time
T.V. Puppy
Yarn: I used left over baby yarn in light purple, white, black, yellow, pink and mint green. You only need small amounts for each. You can make T.V. a larger size by using worsted weight yarn with the appropriate hook. (Note: you most likely won’t be able to find black in baby yarn. Use Caron Simple Soft, or similar, instead.)
Hook: F if you are using baby yarn, G or H if you are using worsted weight (H if you crochet tightly)
Other supplies: needle, small amount of fiberfill for stuffing, contrasting yarn for embroidering (optional)

Special Note: Because of the striping, you cannot work this project in the typical rounds of amigurumi. You must finish off each round on the body to match up the lines, as indicated in the pattern.


Body
Make Magic Circle Using purple and f hook
 Rnd 1: Make magic circle and work 6 sc; place a marker to indicate beg of round; move marker up as each round is completed. Join with a slst to first sc.
Rnd 2: ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. Work 2 sc in each st around. Join with a slst to first sc– 12 sts.
Rnd 3: ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. *sc in next st; 2 sc in next st* rep between * around. Join with a slst to first sc– 18 sts.
Rnd 4: * ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. sc in next 2 st; 2 sc in next st* rep between * around. Join with a slst to first sc– 24 sts.
Rnd 5: * ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. sc in next 3 st; 2 sc in next st* rep between * around. Join with a slst to first sc– 30 sts.
Rnd 6: * ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. sc in next 4 st; 2 sc in next st* rep between * around. Join with a slst to first sc– 36 sts.
Rnd 7: * ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. sc in next 5 st; 2 sc in next st* rep between * around. Join with a slst to first sc – 42 sts.
Rnd 8-14: ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. sc around. Join with a slst to first sc and switch to green– 42 sts. (insert hook into top of 1st sc, but pull up next color instead of the current color)
Rnd 14-15: ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. sc around. Join with a slst to first sc and switch to purple
– 42 sts.
Rnd 16: ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. sc around. Join with a slst to first sc and switch to yellow – 42 sts. .
Rnd 17-19: ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. sc around. Join with a slst to first sc and switch to pink. – 42 sts.
Rnd 20-24: ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. sc around. Join with a slst to first sc – 42 sts.
Rnd 25: ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. *sc in next 5 st; sc2tog (sc decrease) in next st* rep between * around. Join with a slst to first sc – 36 sts.
Rnd 26: ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. *sc in next 4 st; sc2tog (sc decrease) in next st* rep between * around. Join with a slst to first sc – 30 sts.
Rnd 27: ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. *sc in next 3 st; sc2tog (sc decrease) in next st* rep between * around. Join with a slst to first sc. – 24 sts.
Rnd 28: ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. *sc in next 2 st; sc2tog (sc decrease) in next st* rep between * around. Join with a slst to first sc – 18 sts.
~Stuff~
Rnd 29: ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. *sc in next st; sc2tog (sc decrease) in next st* rep between * around. Join with a slst to first sc – 12 sts.
Rnd 30: ch 1 and work 1 sc into joining sc. sc2tog (sc decrease around –6 sts. 
Finish off leaving long enough tail to weave in and pull tight.

Ears
In purple - make 2
Rnd 1: Make magic circle and work 4 sc
Rnd 2-4: Sc around, finish off leaving long enough tail to sew onto body.

Eyes
In white – make 2
Rnd 1: Make magic circle and work 6 sc
Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each st around - 12 sc, change to black in last st and leave long tail of white for sewing onto body.
Rnd 3: Slst around in back loops only. Finish off and weave in black.

Snout
 In purple
Rnd 1: Make magic circle and work 6 sc
Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each st around - 12 sc
Rnd 3-5: Sc around, finish off leaving long enough tail to sew onto body. I used a darker shade of purple to embroider on the nose. Nothing fancy, just sew yarn around one sc at the end of the snout. You can stuff or leave empty. The same applies for the tongue (in darker pink).
Horn
In white
Rnd 1:  ch 8, join to form ring being careful not to twist.
Rnd 2: Sc around - 8 sc
Rnd 3: Decsc, 6 sc
Rnd 4: Decsc, 2sc, decsc
Rnd 5: Sc, decsc, sc
Rnd 6: Decsc, slst to join leaving long tail to sew. Thread yarn onto needle and bring tail through the top of the horn down to the base. Tuck your starting tail into the horn and stuff lightly before using the long tail to sew onto top of body.

Legs
In pink – make 2
Rnd 1: Make magic circle and work 4 sc
Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each st around - 8 sc
Rnd 3-8: Sc around, finish off leaving a long tail to sew onto body and stuff lightly. Attach to bottom of body.
Note: You can make these as short or long and you wish - just add or delete in rounds 3 to 8.

Arms
In purple - make 2
Rnd 1: Make magic circle and work 6 sc
Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each st around - 12 sc
Rnd 3-15: Sc around, stuff, and finish off leaving long enough tail to sew onto body.
Note: I made longer arms like the photo of him swinging. You can make these as short or long and you wish - just add or delete in rounds 3 to 15.
Tail
In purple
Slst in the back of body where you want to place the tail. Ch 7. Working back on the chain, 2sc, 2hdc, 2 dc and then slst in body. Finish off leaving long enough tail to weave in.

Easy printing/saving here:

Comments

Amy said…
Such a cute tiny amigurumi. He looks like a lot of work. I really love how close he resembles the inspiration phot.

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Baby Sweater and Hat

After searching and attempting to create the perfect - and quick/easy - baby sweater to give as a gift, I finally just combined a few to make the one I wanted. This particular one is more what I would envision for a girl (regardless of color) because of the lacy pattern created with the shells. My next step to find/create one for a boy. This one is simple enough to work up quickly. I only have a few hours of crochet time at night and I completed the set within 3 days. I imagine if you had half a day you could easily finish it in one setting, depending on your skill level. Sweater Materials: 3-4 ounces 3 ply baby yarn  Hook - size F for newborn  size G for 3 to 6 months size H (and 4 ply soft yarn) for 6 to 9 months 2-3 button for closure Pattern: (Shell = 2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) Starting at neckline, loosely ch 38. Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook & in each ch to end. (37 stitches) Row 2: ch 2, turn (counts as 1st dc throughout) 1 dc in each of t

Crocheted Adventure Time Fiona Hat

Well, my cosplaying kid asked for another crocheted creation, but I don't watch Adventure Time.  I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into, but this was easy enough and I get to share a free pattern with you.  It straps around the chin with a crocheted button and I had the yarn stashed away.  I love projects that use up leftover yarn, don't you?  I started out with  Lilana Wofsey Dohnert's   Finn hat pattern on Ravelry. She's brilliant.  Then I made adjustments to make it Fiona and fit a bit more snugly.   Materials : Crochet Hook (Size US G-6 (4.0mm)) Yarn Worsted Weight Size 4 Medium ('Soft' recommended) Yarn Sewing Needle Fiberfil Batting Abbreviations : st: stitch ch: chain sl st: slip stitch sc: single crochet hdc: half-double crochet dc: double crochet tr: triple crochet inc: increase (crochet 2 st in single st; preceeded by type of st to use, i.e. 'sc inc') dec: decrease (make 2 st become 1; preceeded by type of st to use, i.e. 'sc de

Organize It - Shoe Rack Grips

Do we really need all these shoes?  You can only wear one pair at a time.  I guess it's a necessary evil.  Shoes aren't my thing.  I have more flip-flops and athletic shoes than anything else.  I'm happy with that.  My favorite shoes are actually my slippers.  I could wear them all day and would wear them out if I thought I could get away with it. My hubby, on the other hand, can't have enough shoes.  Our youngest K takes after him.  We have a fairly large rack for our shoes in the closet to accommodate all those shoes.  It's nothing fancy and fulfills my two requirements.  It's functional and doesn't take up a lot of space.  But there is one huge flaw.  Our shoes don't stay put! It ok for shoes that have heels on them because they hang on the back bar. Shoes like this: But if they are flat, like tennis shoes or flip flops (like most my shoes) then they slip right off and I trip over them trying to get to my clothes.   What's a girl to do?  I