Skip to main content

Texting Gloves and Head Band

Here is another variation on the gloves and ear warmer that I posted earlier this week. You can see the patterns here. The head band is exactly the same, but with a different flower. Oh, and the same yarn (Deborah Norville's Anti-Pill Everyday Yarn), but with a different color. See how easy it is to make the same gift unique? It's one of the reasons why I like crochet. The gloves are the same pattern with just a few modifications. The stitches are closer together without the lacy look. Still feminine, but not as frilly. I just love turquoise and brown together, don't you?

Texting Gloves

Hook - G
1 sk of Deborah Norville's Anti-Pill Everyday Yarn
(there will be enough for 2 gloves and head band)


Pattern
Ch 10.
Note: For rows 1 through 22 in wrist ribbing, sc in back loop only.
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each ch across, ch 1, turn. 9 sc.

Rows 2 - 22: Sc in each sc across, ch 1, turn.

Row 23: Bring row 1 to meet row 22, matching stitches. Sl st row 1 and row 22 together. 11 ridges made.
Do not break yarn. Turn cuff inside out (so sl st edge is inside) and turn cuff so the ridges are running vertically. Now you're ready to start working into the edge of the cuff.

Note: you can change the textured look of the gloves by working on the outside or the inside. It's easy to turn either way at this point, so try both and see which you like. I prefer the texture of working the inside. This means that you are always viewing the inside of the cuff as you work around. Both are fine, I just like to change things up.

Row 1: ch 2 and work 21 dc into edge of cuff, evenly around. Join each row with a slst into top of chain 2.
Row 2-4: ch 2, dc around.
Row 5-7: I don't like to stress my seams (your hand IS bigger than your wrist, trust me) so I crochet 2 dc in the first and last stitch in these rounds.

Thumb hole
To keep the seam on the palm side for both hands, you will work each one opposite of the other.

Right hand
Row 8: ch 2, dc in same stitch as ch 2, dc around until you have 7 stitches left to end. Ch 4, sk 4 stitches, dc to end. Join with slst to 1st dc (not ch 2) for stability.
Row 9: ch 2, dc around including into the 4 chains.
Row 10-11: ch 2, dc around, fasten off.


Left hand
Row 8: ch 2, dc in same stitch as ch 2, dc in next 2 st, ch 4, sk 4 stitches, dc in 5th st to end. Join with slst to 1st dc (not ch 2) for stability.
Row 9: ch 2, dc around including into the 4 chains.
Row 10-11: ch 2, dc around, fasten off.


Pretty simple, huh? You can also finish off with a round of sc for extra strength, but I've found that this yarn doesn't stretch out of shape like some others, so it isn't necessary.

If you try this pattern, let me know how it goes. I totally made it up as I went along and I would love to hear what you think. Happy Crocheting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Baby Sweater and Hat

After searching and attempting to create the perfect - and quick/easy - baby sweater to give as a gift, I finally just combined a few to make the one I wanted. This particular one is more what I would envision for a girl (regardless of color) because of the lacy pattern created with the shells. My next step to find/create one for a boy. This one is simple enough to work up quickly. I only have a few hours of crochet time at night and I completed the set within 3 days. I imagine if you had half a day you could easily finish it in one setting, depending on your skill level. Sweater Materials: 3-4 ounces 3 ply baby yarn  Hook - size F for newborn  size G for 3 to 6 months size H (and 4 ply soft yarn) for 6 to 9 months 2-3 button for closure Pattern: (Shell = 2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) Starting at neckline, loosely ch 38. Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook & in each ch to end. (37 stitches) Row 2: ch 2, turn (counts as 1st dc throughout) 1 dc in each of t

Crocheted Adventure Time Fiona Hat

Well, my cosplaying kid asked for another crocheted creation, but I don't watch Adventure Time.  I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into, but this was easy enough and I get to share a free pattern with you.  It straps around the chin with a crocheted button and I had the yarn stashed away.  I love projects that use up leftover yarn, don't you?  I started out with  Lilana Wofsey Dohnert's   Finn hat pattern on Ravelry. She's brilliant.  Then I made adjustments to make it Fiona and fit a bit more snugly.   Materials : Crochet Hook (Size US G-6 (4.0mm)) Yarn Worsted Weight Size 4 Medium ('Soft' recommended) Yarn Sewing Needle Fiberfil Batting Abbreviations : st: stitch ch: chain sl st: slip stitch sc: single crochet hdc: half-double crochet dc: double crochet tr: triple crochet inc: increase (crochet 2 st in single st; preceeded by type of st to use, i.e. 'sc inc') dec: decrease (make 2 st become 1; preceeded by type of st to use, i.e. 'sc de

Organize It - Shoe Rack Grips

Do we really need all these shoes?  You can only wear one pair at a time.  I guess it's a necessary evil.  Shoes aren't my thing.  I have more flip-flops and athletic shoes than anything else.  I'm happy with that.  My favorite shoes are actually my slippers.  I could wear them all day and would wear them out if I thought I could get away with it. My hubby, on the other hand, can't have enough shoes.  Our youngest K takes after him.  We have a fairly large rack for our shoes in the closet to accommodate all those shoes.  It's nothing fancy and fulfills my two requirements.  It's functional and doesn't take up a lot of space.  But there is one huge flaw.  Our shoes don't stay put! It ok for shoes that have heels on them because they hang on the back bar. Shoes like this: But if they are flat, like tennis shoes or flip flops (like most my shoes) then they slip right off and I trip over them trying to get to my clothes.   What's a girl to do?  I