If anything, this was super easy to make. I already like to put sour cream on my enchiladas, so this recipe puts it in the dish which helps me not overdo it on top. I was expecting this dish to be spicier than it actually turned out to be. I may even try kicking it up a notch next time. As for the taste, if you have ever has the white queso dip at a Mexican restaurant, this is a very similar taste. It’s very creamy. If you don’t like a cheesy taste, then steer clear of this dish. This is NOT a problem in my house.
You can find the recipe on Pinterest here, or you can head over to Joyful Mommas Kitchen blog. I’ve made it even easier on you and posted it below.
Chicken enchiladas with green chili sour cream sauce
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.