So, my hubby is not a fan of spaghetti. This means that I find a way to fix it any chance I get. Not really, but the kids and I like it, so we tell him to suck it up. Even though it's not difficult to make and it's super quick, I like to change things up a bit.
While looking for meal ideas, I found a recipe on Get Crocked for Spaghetti Pie. Hmmmm....interesting. I had already decided I wanted to try a Parmesan Knot recipe I found on Pinterest and these would be perfect together. I even convinced my hubby to put the ingredients in the Crock Pot for me as I headed out the door. I was hoping to come home to this:
|Crock Pot Spaghetti Pie from Get Crocked|
|Easy Parmesan Knots from Real Mom Kitchen|
Can I tell you, the knots were kind of fun to make. But they sure didn't turn out as pretty as the ones from Real Mom Kitchen. But they tasted good!
Want to try this for yourself?
Crock Pot Spaghetti Pie from Get Crocked
- 8 oz whole wheat spaghetti, dry
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan
- 2 c. 1% cottage cheese
- 2 c. vegetable spaghetti sauce
- 1 c. shredded part skim mozzarella
3. Pour into the bottom of your crock pot and form into a crust.
4. Spread the cottage cheese over the crust.
5. Then spread the sauce over the cottage cheese. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
6. Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
I know I can't be the only one who these crazy things happen to, right? What was your biggest disaster? I'll be trying a new recipe from my Yummy Food Pinterest Board next week, so stay tuned. Who knows what will happen.