Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Honest Abe 5K

Several days a week I get out to run, but usually 2 miles or under - there just isn't time for more before the sun goes down. I've even convinced my family to join me.

Once a month we try to register for a 5k race, hopefully for a charity we like.  Yes, the whole family.  We aren't out to win, but enjoy just finishing the race.  
My Running Family
 This past weekend we ran the Honest Abe 5k race for the Boy Scouts.  It was a lot of fun, even though Kourey (our youngest) beat us all.  Must be nice to have all that energy.  Afterwards, we pigged out on a huge breakfast that was put on by the race. 

We didn't win any prizes, but still had a good time.  I did, however, wear my shoes that I won at our last race. 
Brooks Shoes - Won!
The next day, however, I discovered that I injured my groin muscle.  In three more weeks, we will be running the Gasparilla 5k. Hopefully, I will heal by then.  Time to rest up so I can get back to running!

Post a Comment