I promised on the Facebook page that I would post this recipe if it turned out good. Well, guess what? It was pretty darn good and so simple to make. I originally found this on Pinterest, but when I went back for it, the page was gone. Boo. That's ok. I found one similar and just pieced it together from what I remembered on the original one. Even better, pork loin happened to be on sale at the time.
Slow Cook Apple Pork Loin
- 1-2 pound pork loin
- One baking apple - I liked Fuji or McIntosh
- One medium onion - pick your favorite. I used white.
- 1/2 cup apple juice (optional - I find pork loin tends to dry out easily)
- Make even vertical slices down pork loin - about 3/4 through
- Insert apple slices into loin
- Pour juice into crock pot and place loin on top
- Drizzle loin with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon (to taste, you don't need a lot)
- Toss in any extra apples and onion slices
- Cook for 3-4 hours on low until meat has internal temp of 170 F.
We loved the flavor and served it up with some stuffing. We'll count this as our Paleo-ish meal since we added that as the side. Next time I think I'll add a dash of nutmeg, too, or cloves. Just for a little more fall flavoring.