Actually, I was quite busy during the holidays. I made so many beautiful things and didn't take any photos. Boo to that. Now that the spring term in underway and I have most of my course set up for my students, I have a little time to make some more stuff. Only I can't just do that. No....I have to do something totally new. Sort of. I have tried to knit before, but I always became frustrated and gave it up. I'm doing a little better this time around. I still prefer crocheting. It's easier for me and quicker. However, I do like the look of knitting and definitely like that it uses less yarn. I have tried several different tutorials from YouTube, to purchased books, to websites. This time around I found Wee Folk Art. I don't know how to describe it, but this time around was much better. Maybe it's the small projects that go with the lessons.
After practicing how to cast on, bind off, and the knit stitch in the birdie project, I was ready to start the headband project. This was great practice and low frustration since you are only working with 7 stitches.
It turned out great and K2 immediately declared it as hers. I love quick and easy projects such as this.
Next, I moved onto learn the purl stitch and created this dishcloth in project four. I think the headband helped me work on my issues with tension because this ended up pretty good. There are a few areas I would like to see better, but with a little blocking you can't notice it.
Then entered Pinterest.
I was thinking I was ready for something more. I knew I needed to move forward and learn how to increase and decrease stitches, so I found a simple dishcloth that would do both. I was a little nervous at first, but I think I got the hang of it. I actually used the tutorials on the Lion Brand Yarn site. I'll be headed back there again to learn more. Just check out how great this turned out! I am very happy with it.
I guess the lesson here is, if at first you don't succeed, find another tutorial and try again.