I love Eggplant Parmesan, but it's not exactly on the Paleo diet. This is the next best thing and it's super simple to make. It's got great texture and flavor. I have to admit, the hubby doesn't care for it, but K1 and I love it. I guess I can only push vegetables so far. More for us!
1. Heat Oven to 350
2. Slice the eggplant into even slices (don't slice too thin or they will burn - about 1/4 inch) and lay slices out on a sheet pan sprayed with olive oil
3. Lightly shake salt and pepper over eggplant slices and place in the oven for 15 minutes
4. Flip eggplant over and add salt and pepper to the slices and place back in oven for 10 minutes
• 3 or 4 ripe plum tomatoes
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
• 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place eggplant on a plate and top with bruschetta and fresh mozzarella. Enjoy!