Skip to main content

Family Outing to Parkesdale Farms

February in Florida means it's time for strawberries!  I love strawberry shortcakes and the best around are at Parkesdale Farms in Plant City - yes, I know the sign says 'Groves', but everyone here knows it as 'Farms'.  

You can see how popular it is by the line to get in.  It's worth the wait - believe me!

It only took about 15 minutes to get through the line and dig into our berries. Just look at this!  I'm ready to go back just looking at all that goodness.
The whole place is strawberry overload, but how can you not love these cute napkin holders?
Kourey brought along a friend to share our happiness.   They had such a good time.
After our bellies were full, it was time to stroll around the marketplace.  I could easily spend my husband's weekly salary in one swoop, but I just picked a few of my favorites.  There are tons of different plants, like these peppers, that are just begging to be planted in the garden, as well as different potted flowers and cacti.
Now for the groves part - lots of sweet citrus! They pick, clean, and bag on site.  It's quite a process.  You can also taste test each variety before you buy...and we did.  Taste and buy, that is.
Check out this wall of yumminess.  I was overwhelmed with the many different varieties of honey, jams, jellies, and BBQ sauces.  Are you hungry yet?
By this time we were shopped out, but there was one last thing to do.  We needed to crown our Strawberry Princess!
I hope you enjoyed our little outing.  What do you have in your area?  Summer is just around the corner, so are your fresh markets open yet?


Have a great Monday and don't forget your berries!  I have a Pin all set up and ready to try with our strawberries. Homemade fruit leather!  I can't wait to try it out this week.

Comments

Thank you for sharing your visit!

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Baby Sweater and Hat

After searching and attempting to create the perfect - and quick/easy - baby sweater to give as a gift, I finally just combined a few to make the one I wanted. This particular one is more what I would envision for a girl (regardless of color) because of the lacy pattern created with the shells. My next step to find/create one for a boy. This one is simple enough to work up quickly. I only have a few hours of crochet time at night and I completed the set within 3 days. I imagine if you had half a day you could easily finish it in one setting, depending on your skill level. Sweater Materials: 3-4 ounces 3 ply baby yarn  Hook - size F for newborn  size G for 3 to 6 months size H (and 4 ply soft yarn) for 6 to 9 months 2-3 button for closure Pattern: (Shell = 2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) Starting at neckline, loosely ch 38. Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook & in each ch to end. (37 stitches) Row 2: ch 2, turn (counts as 1st dc throughout) 1 dc in each of t

Crocheted Adventure Time Fiona Hat

Well, my cosplaying kid asked for another crocheted creation, but I don't watch Adventure Time.  I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into, but this was easy enough and I get to share a free pattern with you.  It straps around the chin with a crocheted button and I had the yarn stashed away.  I love projects that use up leftover yarn, don't you?  I started out with  Lilana Wofsey Dohnert's   Finn hat pattern on Ravelry. She's brilliant.  Then I made adjustments to make it Fiona and fit a bit more snugly.   Materials : Crochet Hook (Size US G-6 (4.0mm)) Yarn Worsted Weight Size 4 Medium ('Soft' recommended) Yarn Sewing Needle Fiberfil Batting Abbreviations : st: stitch ch: chain sl st: slip stitch sc: single crochet hdc: half-double crochet dc: double crochet tr: triple crochet inc: increase (crochet 2 st in single st; preceeded by type of st to use, i.e. 'sc inc') dec: decrease (make 2 st become 1; preceeded by type of st to use, i.e. 'sc de

Organize It - Shoe Rack Grips

Do we really need all these shoes?  You can only wear one pair at a time.  I guess it's a necessary evil.  Shoes aren't my thing.  I have more flip-flops and athletic shoes than anything else.  I'm happy with that.  My favorite shoes are actually my slippers.  I could wear them all day and would wear them out if I thought I could get away with it. My hubby, on the other hand, can't have enough shoes.  Our youngest K takes after him.  We have a fairly large rack for our shoes in the closet to accommodate all those shoes.  It's nothing fancy and fulfills my two requirements.  It's functional and doesn't take up a lot of space.  But there is one huge flaw.  Our shoes don't stay put! It ok for shoes that have heels on them because they hang on the back bar. Shoes like this: But if they are flat, like tennis shoes or flip flops (like most my shoes) then they slip right off and I trip over them trying to get to my clothes.   What's a girl to do?  I